Saturday, September 28, 2013

My Little Woof Woof de Papi



This is Domino. My dear little guy friend that lived to a ripe age of 13. He was my constant companion and healer through one difficult period of my life. As I sit here and remembering him, I am a bit surprised how much I love him. He always unconditionally loved me and my family. He was specially attached to me because I was his main care giver. I took him out for his business, I fed him and bathed him when he needed it.



He was always the family ham and played along will all the things we did to him. We dressed him up and put hats and eye glasses on him and he let us. See, he did not think he was a dog but a human. We always treated him like that since that day we got him in Hearne Texas. He was a Texas Dog.


He always behaved outside the house but got a little exited when people visited us. Got kind of nervous. He did not behave as a dog around other dogs either, since he was an honorary human. We loved him much. A few years back he got sick with doggie hepatitis. He almost died and the vet told us he would have problems later on and did. See his little liver started to give out. He Started to drink lots of water and not eat his food. Then he would sleep and wake up crying in pain. Then one night he had a seizure and I knew it was time to stop the suffering. I decided with a heavy heart to take him to the vet and have him go to sleep. I could not stand him suffering since the little guy did not deserve any of it. 

He was old and blind. He went peacefully in my arms surrounded by his family that loved him very very much. I was grateful that he was no longer in pain suffering. Then I thought if dogs have souls. The answer is Yes, just not like us humans. They are part of creation and like us they are indestructible. 



I was kind of worried but I had a vision that was similar to this and he was there all happy and playing with other dogs. I knew he was being taken care of and waiting for me. I would gladly take him back any time he chooses. Do not let any religious nincompoop tell you that they do not go to Heaven. What do they know. I know that our bond is beyond time and space. I feel him near me at times and I am comforted by this. Domino, you know that your Papi loves you very much my little woof woof de papi.



Love, hugs and kisses, your Papi...

No comments:

Post a Comment