Sunday, December 8, 2013

Selenite is a wonderful Substance Part I

http://blueapples.ca/

Selenite is wonderful stuff. It GLOWS in sun light. It is soft #2 in the Mohs Scale. It can be easily worked and best of all it has a great feel and energy to it. A bit fragile but things can be done to stabilize it. So then what is it?

Selenite is a type of Gypsum. Gypsum is a soft sulfate mineral compound composed of calcium sulfate dihydrate, with the chemical formula CaSO4·2H2O. There are 4 major types of Selenite. 

  • Selenite - This is sometimes transparent and can be called windowpane selenite. 
  • Satin Spar - This is my favorite as it is fribrous and milky white but can be of other colors. 
  • Desert Rose - This is  similar in shape to a rose with petals. It is usually coated on the outside with sand and can be of sand color.
  • Gypsum Flower - These are fibers that grow and bend in different shapes, some resembling flowers. 
Satin Spar and windowpane are probably the most useful of the forms. All forms carry the qualities that make Selenite wonderful. It is formed from ancient sea beds and there are formations that can be dated back some 250 million years ago. This can be ancient stuff. 
But that is not why I like this substance. 

Some of the largest Selenite crystals have  been found at the Nasca Mine in Mexico. These crystals have been growing in a very hot environment and was under water. Now they have stopped growing. They Selenite is named for Selene, Greek goddess of the Moon because of its moon-like glow. Some of the attributed effects of the stone is listed here.
  • Mental clarity
  • Access angelic guidance
  • Unblocks stagnant energy
  • Instills peace
It makes a wonderful protection stone. One other wonderful property is that it cleans other crystals of negative energy and it does not itself hold a negative charge. This mineral has the ability to coalesce and channel ambient energy! Now that is why I like it. I have used it in combination with other crystals to obtain a highly tuned instrument to channel energy.

Selenite forms the basis for my Energy Power Wands and the Portable Vortex because of its ability to channel energy. It is really fiber optics to energy. I love the stuff. Selenite also can amplify and channel other stone's energies. I have proven this with my experiments enough. It works well with Kyanite, blue and black. I have not tried the other types. I have combined it successfully with Special quartz like Herkimer Diamonds, Azeztulite, Nirvana quartz and eveb some Apophyllite, though not  quartz. This stuff seems to work well with other crystals and stones. You just have to KNOW what goes well. Its kind of an art. Lucky for all of us, there are lots of wonderful books that deal with this subject. One specific type that is calling me lately is called window pane Selenite. 

This was used as window pane material in the Middle Ages in Churches. Of course there is no color. 
 
It is clear enough to allow light through. and thus it makes a good window pane material. Some of those windows are still in place so it is also durable. I have heard that it is water soluble. I took pieces and some powder and placed it in water for a few days and noticed no difference. I must conclude it water wear is slow, other wise those window panes would have worn out already.

I've also taken a flame to it. It does not burn but it does change it from translucent to white opaque. I would not recommend you place it in direct contact with a flame. I do not know what other chemicals would hurt it and I am sure they exist. 

There are reports that it can me toxic at high levels, so when working it and fine powder develops, its best not to breath it. there is one large deposit in the Phoenix ares that is being run by these wonderful folks 
www.crystallinephoenix.com

by the name of Mark and Trudy Baker of www.crystallinephoenix.com

I strongly urge you to visit their site. They see themselves as custodians of this large vein of selenite. If I ever have a need for large pieces, this is the place to get them from. These people are special, if you know what I mean.

I want this to go out now so I will be updating this in another revision.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selenite_(mineral)

RIDE THE WAVE...Namaste






No comments:

Post a Comment