Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Psychology of FEAR

I was just dumped on such a large, projected and focused amount of Fear at me that I feel sick to my stomach now... and its been hours since.  What causes fear?

When we start dealing with our fears, we should remember that nothing inside of us can harm us. This gives us the courage to surrender to feeling our fear. We can let it overcome us, at the same time knowing we are safe. We may feel fear that causes us to tremble, moan or vomit, but it does not harm us. The sky will not fall on us. Our house will not collapse. We are safe. The experiences certainly are not pleasant, but in surrendering to feeling fear, we will find its essence: it is merely a feeling, and it can be released by validating and feeling it.
This was done by someone that is very close to me and perhaps the reason why I let it get past my shields. See, last week after much heart searching, procrastination and basic fear, we filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. I never thought this would happen but due to things out of my control, the terrible shape of the Economy and lack of finding a steady Job. It was impossible to sustain my level of debt. It took me about 1.5 years to finally do it. It was not the lack of the Lawyer Fee, it was the mental block that was insurmountable  It was Fear of the unknown. The process moved on and when going to the Court House, took less than 5 minutes. I was asked a series of questions that required either a yes or no answer. I was given a paper that said that It was basically done and there was a time period allowed for Creditors to raise questions. I do not expect anyone to object.

This has left me to consider the mechanism of Fear. I know people that were close to me that their entire life was based and ruled by fear. Don't do this because this will happen. If you do that, that will happen.  It was not a nice experience.

I do not want to live like that. In the past, I've been fearful of a lot of things and every single time, the fear did not amount to much.

I was diagnosed with cancer 8 years ago and I should have had fear but I did not. I did not need chemo or any other thing other than an operation. Maybe it is because I knew that it would not amount to much either. Some people like fear and thus the Horror Movie Industry. I do not like to watch Horror Movies.


 We carry much suppressed fear, and it may take a long time to release it. However, my experience is that we can learn to distinguish the feeling of fear and the outside events relatively quickly. When we find fear as a feeling of its own, we will feel fear that does not compel us to be afraid. When we find this fear, we still feel fear, but at the same time we will feel joy, and we begin to own our belonging in a deeper way. We will not be afraid of the world. We know that we are releasing our suppressed fear, and it does not prevent us from belonging. 
What concerns me is Projected Fear because it is an energy directed with intent.



Your intention is what determines whether you deviate from or stay on the path of life. While unconscious of your own power, you are naturally afraid of outer influences that could upset you or throw you off balance. The projected fear becomes your decree, your intention, and your judgment. If you are afraid of disease, you are literally praying or asking to become sick. Why would you do that? Because you can learn from the pain it generates. Sickness can take you beyond fear and reclaim the power that you are. If you consciously choose to appreciate an illness or an accident as an opportunity to initiate a long overdue internal shift and transform your life, then that is what it will do for you. Basically, nothing that happens to you has a hidden or useless agenda.

So I was feeling sick. I decided to remove myself from the situation. I went outside and washed the cars. Felt a little better. I then spent about an hour talking with the neighbors. By the time I came back, I felt much better. I will continue to try and not fear the emotion of fear...

Good Luck all. RIDE THE WAVE

namaste


No comments:

Post a Comment